The Maintenance Supervisor conducts all business in accordance with Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., established policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Ensure compliance with procurement policies to include use of Approved Vendors/Contractors in the performance of daily tasks and expenditures.
- Responsible for assisting with the prioritization of capital improvement projects.
- Recruit and recommend maintenance applicants.
- Provide proper technical and policy training along with daily supervision of maintenance technicians.
- Schedule maintenance personnel in conjunction with Property Manager so that maintenance is available for emergency purposes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Maintaining all payroll records to include vacation and sick leave, overtime, etc.; and ensuring payroll information is provided to the Property Manager at specified time.
- Ensure that all maintenance employees report in uniform.
- Instruct staff on proper use and guidelines for wearing safety items.
- Meet all reporting deadlines and maintain an activity calendar to ensure that routing and preventive maintenance and general tasks are completed.
- Update all logs, manuals and handbooks, as requested by Management.
- Provide for the monthly readings of water consumption under the GHA Energy Management Program.
- Maintain systems as established by Management for the proper security and accessibility of all keys including master keys, beepers and radio equipment, etc.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining an inventory and stock control system to ensure that necessary parts and tools are available for routine maintenance.
- Mark all company-owned equipment and tools with the property name and telephone number.
- Provide instruction booklets on all property tools and equipment.
Resident Service/ Resident Retention
- Ensure all resident requests and issues are handled in a timely manner and on a priority basis per policy.
- Provide constant follow-up on repair orders, staff and contractual, and service requests to ensure that all resident situations are resolved.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Schedule and perform minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Implement the preventative maintenance program for subject property’s equipment and tools according to GH policy and procedure.
- Ensure that the Repair Order System devised by GH is property implemented.
- Perform spot inspections of tickets completed to ensure quality of workmanship in repairs and clean up for both apartments and common areas.
- Oversee the turnover/renovation process to ensure rent-ready apartments for new move-ins and timeliness to reduce vacancy loss.
- Ensure the performance of all contractors to contract specifications and advise the Property Manager of any shortcomings.
- Work with contractors to obtain quality performance.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings with entire staff.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the community and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Promote and implement safety and security measures in property maintenance to reduce owner liability and increase resident/employee awareness and protection.